Ali's Quinquennial
We decided to start a new tradition in our family. We are now only going to have big "friend" birthday parties on the even number years. That way we catch the big ones- 8, 12, 16, 18. On the odd numbered years Ali can pick one special friend to spend a whole day doing whatever she wants. This year she chose to have lunch at McDonald's, go to OMSI, and then 7-11 for slurpees. Grandma and Grandpa King were able to join us for lunch and then we dropped Grandpa off at the airport on our way to OMSI.
Here is Ali and her friend Morgan playing with some plastic dinosaurs. (Dinosaurs are the current attraction at OMSI.)
Ali the Velociraptor
Ali is a little over a month older than Morgan and a little under a foot shorter. Looks like she's going to be taking after her short Mama, poor thing.
Ali and Gma
Ali had a pretty impressive haul of gifts this year. It was really fun to watch her open them. She was so grateful for everything! Here she is loving on "Paddington".
Ali wanted a Lightning McQueen birthday and I just didn't have it in me to make a big character cake like I usually do (what was the point with just four people eating it?). So, I found some icing decorations that we put on cupcakes instead. She didn't mind or notice a thing. I am so lucky to have such a happy daughter!
Ali and her cupcakes
A week later it was our turn to have the playgroup girls at our house. Since I needed something to do with them for 2 1/2 hrs, I caved a little on the no friend birthday party during odd years rule. But just a little. Here they all are.
From left to right we have: Taylor, Sami, Morgan, Sara, Macy, and Gabi. We're going to miss playgroup next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment